Do you ever feel like your dentist is just scolding you every time you go in for a check-up? Thanks to the Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Electric Toothbrush, it’s never been easier to brush away any of your dental guilt! This powerful toothbrush features a range of innovative technology, including artificial intelligence and 6 brushing modes to help ensure a deep clean. With Bluetooth connectivity and integration with the Oral-B app, you can track your brushing habits and get feedback from your dentist while saving time on office visits. It’s like having your own personal dentist in the palm of your hand – without all the lectures! So if you want cleaner teeth without all the sermonizing, try the Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Electric Toothbrush! It just might be the best thing to ever happen to your pearly whites.
To make a long story short: The Oral-B 7000 has plenty of accessories & still cleans teeth thoroughly.
Compared to modern toothbrushes, however, you have to make clear cutbacks: the installed batteries are significantly weaker & rely on outdated technology (which limits durability).
For this reason, I would advise you to go with a modern alternative like the Oral-B Genius, Oral-B’s current top-of-the-line model.
If you still want to read more about this toothbrush, you can find the review of it here:
Appearance & Workmanship
The design of the waterproof handpiece is a classy black, which I think goes well with the premium claim
Apart from the great looks, I particularly liked the travel accessories, which make it easy to stow the brush in my carry-on luggage.
- The holder for the brushes, which is located on the charging unit, also proved to be practical.
- So the brush heads stay clean and you do not get lost everywhere in the bathroom. they.
Also, the toothbrush itself sits firmly once you place it on the charging station.
No matter what color or variant you choose: The Oral-B 7000 is high-quality verarbeit. Absolutely nothing wobbles & even the one or other fall from the sink survives the sturdily built handpiece without any problems.
Cleaning performance & cleaning modes
So the first impression is convincing, but what about the really important features of an electric toothbrush? Does it provide clean teeth?
This question I can answer quite clearly with a „Yes!“
The Oral-B 7000’s brushing performance turns out to be outstanding. Few other toothbrushes leave you feeling so clean after brushing – even nowadays.
- Thanks to the high number of rotations, the brush cleans incredibly effectively and leaves nothing to be desired when it comes to cleanliness.
- In addition, the Oral-B 7000 cleans through the increased number of rotations a little quieter & more pleasant than cheaper models.
Short: At the end of the 2-minute timer, the teeth always felt absolutely smooth & clean.
Many brushing modes
Together with the six different modes, no wishes remain unfulfilled, the brush offers the right tool for every purpose:
- normal cleaning for everyday cleaning
- A tooth massagee for better blood circulation
- Whitening to polish discolored areas
- Deep cleaning for interdental spaces
- the tongue cleaning provides freshness in the mouth
- the sensitive mode is recommended for sensitive teeth
However, for those who want the best teeth cleaning at home, the Oral-B 7000 is undoubtedly worth it.
I found myself trying out the toothbrush’s various cleaning functions over and over again and came to appreciate them over time.
Whether I want to massage my gums or whiten discolored teeth – the Braun brush does its job without a hitch.
Protective function for teeth
A visual pressure control along with a beep is also included, as well as a quadrant timer for more even cleaning of the dentition.
- I recommend such a protective function to every buyer of an electric toothbrush, especially beginners.
- This warns against excessive force when brushing and thus protects the sensitive gums.
This feature, included in all models from the Oral-B 2000 onward, represents an all-around recommended investment in your own dental health.
SmartGuide and Bluetooth
The SmartGuide is a small display that not only shows the timer, but also reflects visual feedback, for example, on the force exerted when pressing.
This makes a nice addition and helps to keep track while cleaning.
The advantages of the mobile app
In the same notch strikes the Oral-B app available for the smartphone. Once you have downloaded it, you get your own virtual assistant.
If you then connect the Oral-B 7000 to your smartphone via Bluetooth, you can view not only the remaining brushing time, but also visual feedback for pressure control.
- On request, the app also reminds you to brush your teeth 2x a day. Numerous statistics are available, as well as countless tips on dental care.
- If desired, the records can be traced back up to six months, for example, to discuss with the dentist.
Whether this is really necessary, everyone must decide for themselves.
In the app you can find your brushing habits & other useful helps.
I could see helpful uses in both the SmartGuide and the app. Especially if the electric toothbrush is used by a child, its gadgetry like this can be quite motivating (or make it easier for parents to control).
However, adults might also find the reminders and statistics helpful.
Overall, then, these additional functions have convinced me. However, despite all the enthusiasm, they are only a supplement(!) and are not an indispensable feature.
(If you don’t need Bluetooth, you can also purchase an edition without the “Smartseries” addition – if it’s not currently out of stock.)
No replaceable battery
In core disciplines like teeth cleaning, the Oral-B 7000 comes up trumps
With so much praise, do I also find fault with the toothbrush or is it free of weaknesses?
The Oral-B Pro 7000 also comes in white.
While in use, the toothbrush hums more quietly than most other rotating toothbrushes due to the high number of rotations, but sonic toothbrushes still have something over the Oral-B 7000 in that regard.
Really disturbing the noise is not – but a Sonicare Diamond Clean brushes again a little quieter.
The battery is now obsolete
Less convincing turns out the battery, which is based on the outdated NiMH technology.
While it does its job sufficiently well and is significantly more powerful than cheaper entry-level models, new toothbrushes largely rely on modern lithium-ion batteries.
- These batteries not only charge faster, but also have virtually no memory effect.
- This ensures a longer shelf life & even for a better cleaning performance, because it provides more power.
Overall, the Oral-B 7000’s battery life is fine & it’s not a total failure – but I personally would still reach for modern alternatives like the Oral-B Smart 5000, Oral-B Genius 9000 or Sonicare’s competitors (e.g. Flexcare Platinum or Protective Clean 5100).
Summary on the Oral-B 7000
I would no longer unconditionally recommend Oral-B’s former top model to anyone today.
- The equipment is very good & also the cleaning performance is still convincing. But in terms of battery, there are nowadays much better toothbrushes (which last longer & rely on modern technologies).
- If you find the Oral-B 7000 cheap on sale, you can still strike. It ensures healthy teeth & also all current brush heads from Oral-B still fit on it.
In case of doubt, however, you better reach for a modern electric toothbrush like the Oral-B Genius, which in terms of durability & cleaning power is now more convincing than the former top model – and costs about the same.