The following are currently the best travel toothbrushes available on the market. Every electric toothbrush listed below has been chosen because it can be packed in a carry-on bag, will not trigger the “electric device” warning at airport security checkpoints, runs on AA batteries (easy to find at most airports and around the world), and is powerful enough to provide an effective clean while still being small, light and portable.
When traveling for both long and short periods of time it is important to maintain that white smile and overall oral health. While most of us have become used to our electric toothbrushes because of their benefits, most people still opt to take their manual toothbrush traveling out of convenience. This is ironic since we use the electric toothbrush because of its convenience.
There are electric toothbrushes that are specially designed to help you with this. They come with travel cases that are compact and lightweight. Whether you are traveling for a week or a month we hope that you will find the best electric toothbrush for your traveling needs.
Today we will be looking at and reviewing our top picks for the amaizing toothbrushes for traveling.
In A Hurry? This Is The Best:
- Removes up to 7x more plaque than a manual toothbrush. Whitens teeth in just one week while improving your gum health in only two weeks
- #1 Recommended Brand by Dental Professionals
- 5 brushing modes for a customized experience: clean, White, sensitive, gum Care & Deep clean
- 2 minute timer and quadpacer help ensure dental professional recommended brushing time and a consistent clean throughout your mouth
- Includes charging glass and premium travel case to take your toothbrush on the go
Things to Consider When Shopping For a Travel Electric Toothbrush:
Weight. Naturally, the slimmer the better, and usually lighter is better too. However, with some products, users note that having a toothbrush that is too light gives the device a cheap toy feel. Ideally, you want a toothbrush that is light enough to be convenient but has at least a bit of weight to give it substance and add some durability.
Battery vs Wall Charger. Most traditional electric toothbrushes feature rechargeable batteries, but this can be impractical for travel. Rechargeable batteries are still doable if the charge can last a very long time, but if you’re traveling for months at a time, this will be hard to come by. Luckily, there are some great slim electric toothbrushes on the market that can last a very long time with just a single AA battery.
Timers. One of my favorite features of my Sonicare brush is the pulsing timer than vibrates every 30 seconds, reminding me to brush another section of teeth and keeping lazy brushers like myself to the 2-minute rule. Some travel toothbrushes lack these extra bells and whistles, but if it’s important to you, seek out the ones that have great features like these.
|best travel toothbrush|
|Oral-B Pro 700||incredible travel battery toothbrush|
|Philips Sonicare||delicate rechargeable toothbrush|
|Fairywill Compact Toothbrush||famed compact Toothbrush|
|Violife Slim Sonic Toothbrush||slim electric toothbrush|
|Sonicety Black PolkaDot||fabulous toothbrush|
- The Mouth Watchers Manual Toothbrush offers a breakthrough in oral...
As another manual toothbrush, this option raises the bar. Mouthwatchers has designed a superb manual travel toothbrush by infusing the bristles with antimicrobial technology.
Behind this toothbrush is the idea that bacteria multiply rapidly on our toothbrush bristles, and even more so for ones that are closed up and live most of their hours in stuffy bags–aka, the perfect environment for breeding bacteria. After each use, the antibacterial silver technology gets to work by immediately eradicating bacteria and sterilizing the bristles. According to their description, it eliminates 99% of bacteria in only six hours after use.
This technology should give travelers a peace of mind about their oral hygiene. Traveling can be stressful enough; at least with this toothbrush, you won’t have to worry about your teeth on top of everything else.
Additionally, the toothbrush head folds into the handle, not only for the protection of the bristles but for a compact design as well. Finally, each order comes with a set of two toothbrushes.
- Real-time feedback with the Oral-B app focuses brushing on your most...
- Made of different high-tech materials like silicon. Cross Action round...
- Clinically proven superior 3D cleaning oscillates, rotates and...
- Rechargeable with 6 modes: Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive,...
- Speed, Up to 800 brush movements per second , Features, Specially...
This is hands down the best electrical toothbrush for frequent travelers. So, if you’re a frequent traveler you’ll find all the features and benefits you want in a travel electric toothbrush in this model.
Firstly, it features a long-lasting battery that goes for at least 21 days without the need for a re-charge. That means unless you’re going for a trip that takes over 3 weeks, you do not have to worry about powering your toothbrush.
Its smart design and travel case means it is extremely easy to carry the tool with you during your trips. They also ensure that you can easily store your tool while traveling.
The Oral-B BLACK 7000 SmartSeries is also unquestionably easy to use and it feels extremely comfortable when brushing. Its operations and buttons are very easy to handle and you won’t confront any serious difficulties.
But forget about operations and whatever, this electric travel toothbrush is unmatched when it comes to supports communication via Bluetooth connection with your smartphone. Through the Oral-B App, you can connect this toothbrush with your smartphone and enjoy the many benefits offered by the app every time you are brushing your teeth. Simply put, this is the most technologically advanced travel electric toothbrush in the market, and it will revolutionize the way you clean your teeth.
What’s more, its performance and technologies are out of this world. Its professionally inspired tooth by tooth cleaning precision allows you to cover and perfectly clean all surfaces of your teeth, gums and mouth, eliminating up to 100% more bacterial plaque than your typically manual toothbrush.
All these great features and functional benefits mean that the Oral-B BLACK 7000 SmartSeries is the best electric travel toothbrush you can ever get. Just try it today!
- The most loved rechargeable electric toothbrush brand by Americans and...
- Whitens teeth up to two shades in two weeks
- Effective and unique sonic technology with dynamic fluid action to...
- 3 Modes: Clean Mode, White Mode and Sensitive Mode
- Quadpacer and two-minute timer helps ensure dental professional...
The Philips Sonicare HX6731 is without a doubt one of the best travel electric toothbrushes, providing amazing teeth cleaning results. It’s been tested and proven. By using this travel electric toothbrush, you can thoroughly clean your teeth and also whiten them to up to 2 shades in as little as 2 weeks.
This travel toothbrush can remove different types of stains affecting your teeth, leaving you with naturally white teeth in 14 days! With this tool from Panasonic, you’re not just investing in a travel electric toothbrush but you’ll be buying a professional-grade tool that will help you whiten your teeth.
And if suffer from sensitive gums and/or teeth, then you’re sorted with this toothbrush. It features a sensitive mode to gently clean your teeth and gums ensuring optimal oral health.
It delivers 31, 000 brush strokes per minute to thoroughly clean all surfaces of your teeth and mouth, including those tight spaces between your teeth and along the gum-line. Because of this, this electric toothbrush is able to remove 200% more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush. Its integrated quad pacer and smart timer ensure you don’t mess with your dental health through over-brushing.
What else do you want in a travel electric toothbrush, seriously?
- FAIRYWILL ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH 507- ADA Accepted, with 40,000...
- ONE 4-HOUR CHARGE LAST 30 DAYS - compatible with any power source with...
- HIGH QUALITY ADA ACCEPTED - This Fairywill product is ADA Accepted....
- 5 HIGH-PERFORMANCE BRUSHING MODES to suit different conditions of...
- The bristles are made with dupont nylon, to suit teeth topography for...
This is one of the best travel electric toothbrushes currently available on the market. With its travel case compact design, it’s an ideal option for frequent travelers.
It features a pouch/travel case, where you can pack it and then slip the pouch into your travel bag. So, it’s easy to carry it anywhere.
In addition to portability, this electric toothbrush offers an outstanding performance. It delivers a trio of differently-designed bristles when in use, which ensures maximum enamel cleaning. These are: triple edged, flat, and extra-fine bristles.
Its triple-edged bristle will thoroughly clean all surfaces of your teeth and gums, including those small spaces between teeth, ensuring that all the 4 quadrants of your mouth are perfectly clean.
The flat bristles, on the other hand, will gently polish all of the surfaces of your teeth; while the extra-fine bristles are designed to penetrate those hard-to-reach areas and remove bacteria and any food particles that may be stuck therein.
- Easy to use portable electric toothbrush
- Perfect on the go companion
- 22, 000 brush strokes per minute
- Includes 2 brush heads and the aaa battery
This is a nicely designed travel electric toothbrush that features a beautiful zebra finish, which is the first thing that will grab your attention when you lay your eyes upon it.
It is very thin and tiny, and this makes it extremely easy to maneuver and portable. This cute, slim design ensures that you can carry it even with your smallest travel bag or purse for ladies. Actually, it can fit in a makeup case. This makes the Violife Slim Sonic a perfect choice for all travelers, both young and old.
The mascara-like cap it comes with makes storage while on the go such a breeze.
But it’s not just another cute toothbrush, it has the power required to guarantee efficient performance. The Violife Slim Sonic Toothbrush delivers 22,000 strokes/minute to thoroughly clean all surfaces of your teeth. By buying this travel electric brush, you’re covered while traveling on business, vacation, or when moving.
- Super Sonic Electric Toothbrush by Hyper Innovations Corp
- Operation Mode: efficient 23,000 strokes per minute
- Extreme Value: 2 free extra brush heads included
- Tool-less Replaceable Battery: 1 AAA battery included
- High Level Waterproof Rated: IPX7
The Sonicety HI-923 allows you to keep your choppers clean while on the move with utmost convenience. It’s thoughtfully designed and extremely lightweight, which makes it qualify as a travel bag. You can easily carry this tool with you at all times, regardless of the size of your travel bag.
But its biggest strength is the micro motion technology from Hyper Innovations Corp, which greatly enhances its functioning. This travel electric toothbrush churns out a whopping 23,000 strokes per minute, providing enough power to clean all teeth and mouth in minutes.
But even with this power, the Sonicety HI-923 is still a very energy efficient tool that utilizes one AAA battery that can last up to three months under normal use! That means you do not have to worry about charging or powering your toothbrush during your trip (unless you’re traveling for over 90 days, of course).
Being high level water-proof rated, the Sonicety HI-923 is also very easy to clean and maintain. In fact, you can use it while on the shower without damaging it.
With this dental hygiene tool, you can clean your teeth in the easiest and the best way possible.
Currently, the market is saturated with dozens of best electric toothbrush with travel case . That means selecting the right tool to keep your teeth and gums healthy during your trip can be a daunting process. It’s not all about picking a travel electric toothbrush that is small enough to travel with easily or one that is good at fighting plague. It all comes down to finding the right toothbrush that satisfies all of your needs. So, before you hurriedly buy the first travel electric toothbrush you come across online, consider the following factors.
Tips for Choosing a Travel Toothbrush
They may seem insignificant, but travel toothbrushes make all the difference when it comes to fitting one more thing in your suitcase. Specifically, it’s nice to not worry about bringing your daily toothbrush, especially if it’s on the more expensive range of toothbrushes. Still, a good one will come in handy when your vacation extends longer than a weekend and you want to keep up good oral hygiene. While the cheap ones you’ve had for decades may do the trick for a night or two, your teeth will thank you if you upgrade.
1. Type of Travel Electric Toothbrush
Dual voltage travel electric toothbrush are available in several different styles. These include:
– Rotating: Rotating-only travel electric toothbrushes are some of the most common and cheapest type of toothbrush you can get. They typically feature a set of bristles that are designed to turn in order to clean teeth. The individual tufts of bristles can spin, or the toothbrush bristles can be designed to fit in a larger circle that rotates.
– Rotating-oscillating: These travel electric toothbrushes feature a small, round head that oscillates – rotates in one direction and then the other – to remove bacterial plaque. Number and length of the rotating-oscillating bristles in a tuft, number of tufts, and specific arrangement of tufts vary with travel electric toothbrush design.
– Pulsing: The pulsating head is a technology that is often found on more advanced, pricier rotating-oscillating electric toothbrushes. With the pulsating feature, the head is able to move backwards and forwards against teeth as it spins. This enhances efficiency when it comes to dislodging bacterial plaque and maintaining overall dental and oral hygiene.
– Counter-oscillating: These travel electric toothbrushes feature the same head shape and design as rotating-oscillating toothbrushes, but the tufts of bristles rotate in a different direction than those next to it.
– Dual head: This type of electric toothbrush combines two heads in one – one part of the head rotates while the other sweeps teeth from side to side.
– Side-to-side: This type of travel electric toothbrush sweeps teeth from side to side at high speeds to remove plaque, rather than spinning. A good example of toothbrushes that utilize this design is the Phillips Sonicare range of electric toothbrushes.
– Sonic and ultrasonic: These consist of electric toothbrushes that vibrate at high speeds and frequencies to help dislodge bacterial plaque quickly and more efficiently. These vibrating electric toothbrushes are typically more expensive than rotating models.
When buying your travel electric toothbrush, you need to determine the best style for your needs.
2. Battery Life
A good travel electric toothbrush should provide a strong battery performance. It should be able to hold enough charge to last several weeks of brushing twice a day. This is particularly important if you’re the kind of person who tends to go on long trips without the charger.
3. Frequency of Replacement of Toothbrush Head
When buying a travel electric toothbrush, you need to consider how often you’re going to need to replace the head. Travel electric toothbrush heads need replacing once the bristles once the bristles get worn out – which must happen eventually. Replacements can be pricey and you may need to buy them in multi-packs in order to keep the costs down. So, you must keep this in mind.
It goes without saying that a travel need to be easy to carry along, and most actually are. But the main consideration when evaluating portability is size and shape of the travel electric toothbrush. You need to consider the design of the toothbrush, charging port and add-ons or accessories like the UV sanitizer. Make sure the entire package is compact and slim enough to fit into your travel bag or even your overnight tote.
5. Ease of Use
Almost all travel electric toothbrushes are easy to use, but it’s good to look for one that has an easy grip handle and a design that allows for great control and effortless maneuvering whilst being used.
Cheap basic models feature a standard brush head and a single cleaning program or setting. On the other hand, the higher end models often have a raft of features and accessories ranging from brushing timers to pressure sensors – which ramp up the price. You need to think about whether these features are worth paying for.
The performance of electric toothbrushes can vary depending on the brand and quality, even if they have the same features. Research about and read reviews of various brands and options available, and then pick one that has a reputation for good performance.
8. Power Source
When shopping for a travel electric toothbrush, consider the compatibility of power outlets. American sockets work with 110v, while those in other countries work with 240v. Look for a model that can be recharged through both 240 and 110 voltages without the need for a converter (if possible). This is particularly important if you’ll be traveling to foreign countries. It should also perform consistently and smoothly without charging or battery issues.
9. Brush Settings
While dental experts say you only need one brush mode, many models offer a varying number of modes allowing you to choose your preferred way to get your gums and teeth clean. Having multiple brush settings on your toothbrush not only enhances the versatility of your tool, but also ensures that you’re able to achieve a more thorough clean.
10. Travelling Case
Choose a travel electric toothbrush that features a travel case made from quality material that can adequately protect your tooth while on the go. If your desired travel electric toothbrush doesn’t come with a travel pouch, buy one separately.
11. Strokes per Minute
The higher the number of stokes delivered per minute the more effective the electric travel toothbrush is. So, look for a unit that produces a higher number of stokes.
The best toothbrushes will obviously come from the most reputable companies. So, check the reputation of the manufacturer before you buy their brand.
13. Your Travel Habits
How frequently do you travel? How long do your trips last? What exactly are your brushing needs during your trips? Consider your needs and choose an electric travel toothbrush that’ll satisfy them.
14. Warranty or Guarantee
A good travel electric toothbrush should come with a decent guarantee or warranty. Look for one with at least 12 months guarantee against defects in its construction
Caring For Your Travel Electric Toothbrush – Useful Tips
- Avoid over-brushing your teeth to prevent the bristles from bending
- Always rinse your tool after use
- Keep your device in an upright position after rinsing to enable it to dry h
- Store your toothbrush as recommended by your manufacturer
Why Do You Need a Special Toothbrush For Travel?
Perhaps you are wondering why you should purchase a toothbrush specifically for traveling in the first place. After all, your daily toothbrush at home may not be anything fancy and if it works at home, it would work just as well on your trip out of town. While that may very well be the case, a great number of the population uses electric toothbrushes or fancier manual brushes that we may not want to risk getting lost in our luggage or travels. Toothbrushes are the most common item left behind in hotel rooms, and we’re going to hazard a guess that you don’t want to walk out of your room without your hundred-dollar Bluetooth sonic toothbrush.
Even more specifically than just the fear of losing your nice toothbrush, many standard ones simply don’t fit in toiletries bags. They are often too long or bulky to fit within your small zippered bag with the rest of your bathroom or shower travel essentials. When you are left keeping your toothbrush separate from your other toiletries, the odds are that you’ll leave it behind when you’re in a rush. Let’s be honest, who doesn’t find themselves in a rush at a time or two when traveling? Brushing your teeth is not something you’ll want to miss. The easy solution is to slip a travel-sized toothbrush in your bag with everything else. No more wondering if you grabbed everything before your morning rush!
- It is easy to carry along: one of the top reasons why you need to buy a special travel electric toothbrush is that it is easy to carry along. The toothbrush comes with a travel case that you can simply slip into your travel bag. The case also ensures that the delicate parts the toothbrush remains safe throughout you trip.
- Superior cleaning properties: another reason why you need this toothbrush is the superior cleaning properties they exhibit. This is the main reason why all dentists recommend us to use this kind of toothbrush. You are always guaranteed of taking care of your oral health in the best way possible.
- Long battery life: most special toothbrushes for travel have batteries that can last for as long as one month. This means that you’ll be able to enjoy the superior cleaning properties of the toothbrush for a long time even if you are embarking on a camping trip.
- Ease of use: unlike the manual toothbrush which you have to be moved to and fro so as to clean your teeth, this one is very easy to use. With the technology and features it comes with, it will produce strokes that effectively clean your teeth, removing all the debris present.
- Reminders to shows you when to change the brush head: this is a unique feature not found in the normal toothbrush. The toothbrush gives you a warning that’s it time to switch to a new head to facilitate efficient cleaning of your mouth.
Now that you have learned why you need a special travel toothbrush that matches your travel needs, this is what you might be waiting to hear next: the best 3 electric toothbrushes for travel… And this is exactly what we’ll be discussing in the next few seconds.
How To Travel With Electric Toothbrush?
So what is the best way to travel with your toothbrush? Well, it’s actually much simpler (and cheaper) than you might think—purchase a cheap toothbrush that you can take with you and throw away when you return. Don’t open your new toothbrush until you get to your destination. This way, your normal toothbrush stays nice and clean at home. And for you electric toothbrush users, there’s no risk or damaging your toothbrush or running out of battery on the road.
Our Choice for the Best Travel Toothbrush
Though all of our reviewed toothbrushes would work well for traveling, one, in particular, does stand out to us slightly above the rest. A good travel toothbrush needs ventilation for preventing bacteria growth, needs a compact design for fitting in packed bags, needs to be lightweight, and finally, needs to still have high-quality bristles while staying affordable.
For all of those reasons and more, we are confident that the Mouthwatchers Antimicrobial Folding Travel Toothbrush is an ideal choice. Though it is not electric, it offers superb ventilation, which is an essential aspect while traveling. It is extremely compact due to the toothbrush head folding into the handle, it keeps bacteria at bay even further with its antimicrobial technology, and offers high-quality, orthodontic-angled bristles.
An electric toothbrush is always a great choice, but for our particular traveling criteria, it seems to us that this manual folding travel toothbrush comes in as the clear winner.