Are your dentures in need of a deep clean? We’ve rounded up the best denture cleaners for you. From ultrasonic cleaners to tablets and pastes, these products will have your dentures sparkling like a pearl again in no time!
You can get your dentures shining like new with the help of toothpaste, lemon juice or baking soda. For better results, denture cleaners are available in the market. They can remove hard stains and other stubborn food particles to give you a fresh smile every time you wear your dentures. We have compiled top best-dentures cleaners for you based on our research and expert’s opinions. Read on to find out more about these products…
Every day plaque is deposited on the teeth through eating and drinking. They must be reliably removed, otherwise caries will form, which has a sensitive and lasting effect on the enamel.
Bacteria and germs develop in the mouth and the teeth can begin to rot in the medium to long term. Denture cleaners are effective in reducing germs.
Dentures are a replica of your own teeth and behave in the same way as your own teeth with regard to contamination. If you have a removable denture, you can clean it efficiently with a denture cleaner.
Tea and coffee as well as other foods leave a yellowish layer on the teeth. Smokers also rely on the denture cleaner to remove the unwanted discoloration.
Types of Dentures Cleaners
Dentures cleaners can be divided into two main categories: soaking solutions, ultrasonic cleaners and other options for cleaning dentures (e.g. natural remedies, specialized brushes). Let’s take a closer look at each type.
Dentures Cleaners Comparison Table:
|Cleaner||Effectiveness||Ease of Use||Price||Special Considerations||Best Use For|
|Soaking Solutions||Moderate||High||Low||May not be as effective at removing heavy stains or bacteria||Convenient, daily cleaning|
|Ultrasonic Cleaners||High||High||High||May damage dentures if used improperly||Deep cleaning, tough stains, bacteria removal|
|Other Options for Cleaning Dentures (e.g. natural remedies, specialized brushes)||Varies||Varies||Low to High||May not be as effective at killing bacteria, some may have strong smells or tastes||Variety of cleaning needs and preferences|
Soaking solutions are liquid cleaners that are used to soak dentures overnight or for a few hours at a time. They typically contain ingredients that help to kill bacteria, remove plaque and tartar, and dissolve stains.
- Convenient and easy to use
- Can be done while you sleep
- Gentle on dentures
- May not be as effective at removing heavy stains or bacteria as other methods
- Some soaking solutions can be harsh or have a strong smell
- May need to be used regularly to maintain cleanliness
Сomparison Table for Soaking Solutions:
|Denture Cleaner||Safety||Convenience||Value||Best Use For|
|Efferdent PM Denture Cleanser Tablets||Safe for traditional dentures||Easy to use||Affordable||Cleaning and disinfecting traditional dentures|
|Retainer Brite Tablets||Safe for clear aligners||Easy to use||Affordable||Cleaning and disinfecting clear aligners and retainers|
|Safe for clear aligners||Easy to use||Affordable||Cleaning and disinfecting clear aligners and retainers|
|Regent Labs StainAway Plus||Safe for traditional dentures||Easy to use||Affordable||Cleaning and disinfecting traditional dentures|
|Polident Overnight||Safe for traditional dentures||Easy to use||Affordable||Removing tough stains from dentures|
|Bearals Denture Box||Safe for traditional dentures||Easy to use||Affordable||Whitening and cleaning traditional dentures|
Top 7 Professional Denture Cleaner
Efferdent Denture Cleanser
- Use Efferdent retainer cleaner tablets daily to clean retainers,...
- Kills 99.99% of odor-causing bacteria in 3 minutes while being gentle...
- Efferdent Overnight Clean antibacterial cleaner tablets provide a...
- Efferdent Overnight Whitening denture and retainer cleaning tablets...
- Efferdent retainer cleaner tablets fight plaque build-up and kill...
It is really difficult to get that desired shine and odor by just brushing dentures. Thus, it is important to go for a denture cleaner that can provide you with visible results.
Efferdent denture cleaner is affordable and gives proper cleaning to your dentures and mouthguards. Along with that, It leaves the dentures with a likable fragrance.
This one is available in the market at a reasonable price, especially when compared with other denture cleaners doing the same job. It is also helpful in providing you with proper cleaning and oral hygiene.
Now, Efferdent denture cleaner comes in different servings. You can choose as per the requirements. It helps in killing a million of bacteria.
Not only this, if you are dealing with some serious stains, then this one is made for you. The cleaner is really helpful in stain removal.
Highlights of Efferdent Denture Cleanser
- Can easily work on partial, dentures and retainers
- Helps in dealing with odor issues
- Kills a lot of harmful microorganisms
- Tough stains can be removed with ease
If you are looking for something inexpensive and reliable, then this is made for you.
Retainer Brite 96 Tablets
- Retainer Brite's cleaning tablets keep your clear retainers, aligners,...
- Intended for patients who use removable dental appliances - not for...
- Easy to use and fast acting
- Eliminate cloudy film and plaque buildup by soaking your dental...
- Package includes 96 individually wrapped tablets (3 month supply) to...
This denture cleaner is one of the best dentures, when it comes to finding something easy to use and affordable at the same time. This denture cleaner is effective in cleaning the dentures effectively, leaving no stains.
This cleaner makes the whole process look fuss-free. All you need to clean dentures with Retainer Brite is warm water and a tablet of cleaner. You need to soak the retainers in the warm water mixed with this tablet and it will do its job without any pain.
It also indicates that the retainers are clean as the blue color of the solution will become clear, indicating the cleanliness of the retainers. The cleaner is good its job and it will give you clear indication that it’s odorless and cleaner than other denture cleaners.
Highlights of Retainer Brite
- Removes plaque and tartar with an ease
- Brightens dentures
- Easy to use
Retainer Brite is a good-quality cleaner made for people who are looking for something affordable yet effective.
120 Retainer Cleaning Tablets
No products found.
This multipurpose is helpful in killing germs and bacteria without difficulty. This denture cleaner is very helpful when it comes to cleaning invisalignmouthguards, dentures and night guards.
This blue bubble denture cleaner helps in reducing all the harmful bacteria leaving the dentures clean and bright. This denture cleaner is odorless and helps in dealing with bad breath.
This denture cleaner is quite helpful in fighting with tartar and plaque. These tablets are effective and clean the dentures in less time.
It is perfect for fighting against plague buildups. You just need to soak the dentures in the solution for around 15 minutes and you can see the immediate results.
The company also offers 30-day return policy making it a reliable product for many customers.
Highlights of 120 Retainer Cleaning Tablets
- Really effective for plaque buildups
- Return policy is quite attractive
- Can solve various purposes like cleaning nightguards, mouthguards and others.
- Effective for fighting against odors, cleaning tartars and plaque.
Overall, 120 Retainer Cleaning Tablets are really helpful in fighting against different denture problems.
Efferdent Anti-Bacterial Denture Cleanser-120 Count
Efferdent Anti-Bacterial Denture Cleanser is a powerful product and helps in cleaning partials, full plate dentures, retainers and others. Just like other products mentioned above, this one also fights against odor produced due to eating.
In this one also, the product turns white from blue, indicating the completion of the process. The whole process takes around 15 minutes and you just need to soak the dental appliance in the solution.
There is no such expiry date, however, you need to keep in away from wet or damp atmosphere. You can soak your dentures every night on regular basis and there is no such harm in that.
Efferdent Anti-Bacterial Denture Cleanser is affordable and justifies the product to its best. The cleanser helps in reducing the retainer odor and removes the stains even the tough ones, quite easily.
You can see the effect of the product by using it on different areas. You can use it in toilets or can use this one as water bottle cleaners. You can easily see the effect and predict the use on dentures as well.
Highlights of Efferdent Anti-Bacterial Denture Cleanser-120 Count
- Can be used as a multipurpose cleaner
- Amazing for Invisalign
- It has good smell
Overall, this one is good for bad odor and quite reliable in getting the required job done.
Regent Labs StainAway Plus
- Professional Strength
- Kills 99.9% of odor causing bacteria
- Clean, Minty fresh breath
- For dentures and plastic partials
- Use daily to prevent plaque build-up
This cleanser is claimed to be 3 times more effective than cleansers which come in tablet form. This cleanser helps in brightening and whitening the dentures and with three times more effectiveness.
Regent Labs StainAway Plus cleanser doesn’t have any persulfates and won’t change the color of the utensil you will use it in. You can go for the effective results in just one use.
The cleaner is good to go for the people who drink and smoke a lot. As, this one helps in giving’ ultimate and deep cleaning of dentures. Thus, it comes out to be one of the best when it is all about removing stains.
Highlights for Regent Labs StainAway Plus
- Effective in removing tough stains
- Visible and quick results
- More effective than tablets
- Leaves you with fresh taste
Having said that, this cleaner comes out to be the one who are fighting against bad stains and odor. This one also comes out to be more effective than cleansers in the form of tablets.
Polident Overnight Whitening Denture Cleanser Tablets
Polident Overnight Whitening Denture Cleanser Tablets are known for killing harmful microorganisms. It kills over 99.9 odor causing bacteria, leaving you feeling fresh and minty.
This antibacterial denture cleanser is easy to use. You can just get one tablet in warm water and soak in the dentures overnight You can also clean partials and other dental appliances.
The cleanser does not promote discoloration, which is a good aspect, especially when compared with other highly costed denture cleaners.
Highlights of Polident Overnight Whitening Denture Cleanser Tablets
- Kills 99.9 of bacteria
- Effective stain-free capability
- Minty breath is an add-on
- No discoloration
Having a look on the above, we know that this cleanser knows about its job. It is really effective when it comes to fighting against bacteria and keeping all your dentures stain free without any hassles.
- √√DURABLE DENTURE CASE: Made of high temperature resistant,...
- √√A RINSING BASKET FOR EASY DRIPPING AND DRYING: The denture bath...
- √√DEEPER VOLUME FOR SOAKING: Shaped 3.46" X 3.30" X 2.64"...
- √√DISHWASHER SAFE DENTURE CONTAINER: Simply clean in sink with hot...
- √√A WIDE RANGE OF USES: Bearals Denture Boxes are not only for...
Bearals Denture Box is quite dependable when it comes to the reach of the cleanser. It claims to reach more places than usual tablets or solution based cleansers.
This cleanser also takes less time and can clean retainers, dentures, aligners, jewelleries and that too within few minutes. The denture cleaner is quite compact in size.
It also surprises all with Sonic vibrations, which are up to 5800 waves per minute. Now, you do not need to soak the dentures or other dental appliances overnight.
This one will help you to get some quick effects and can help in decent overall cleaning of dentures. You can try this one if you are looking for something quick and decent in service.
Highlights of Denture Box
- Quick cleaning
- Works faster than tablet cleansers
- Compact in size
- Cleaning can be better but does a decent job
Noting all down, if you do not have much time for cleaning dentures, then this one is made for you. If you do not want to spend time in soaking the dentures overnight, then try this quick cleanser.
Ultrasonic cleaners use high-frequency sound waves to create microscopic bubbles that gently scrub away plaque, tartar, and stains from the surface of dentures. They typically come with a cleaning solution, but some can be used with water as well.
- Highly effective at removing tough stains and bacteria
- Can be used for other dental appliances, such as retainers and mouthguards
- Quiet and fast
- More expensive than soaking solutions
- May damage dentures if used improperly
- Requires a power source
Сomparison Table for Ultrasonic Cleaners
|Denture Cleaner||Cleaning Method||Capacity||Efficiency||Best Use For|
|iSonic F3900 Denture Cleaner||Ultrasonic||1 quart||Quick and thorough cleaning||Daily cleaning of dentures|
iSonic-D2840 Ultrasonic Cleaners
|Ultrasonic||1 quart||Quick and thorough cleaning||Daily cleaning of dentures|
|Sonic||1 quart||Thorough cleaning||Cleaning of dentures with deep stains or heavy plaque build-up|
Our Top Picks for Ultrasonic Cleaners:
- Product 1: Compact ultrasonic cleaner uses sound waves to penetrate...
- Product 1: Combined with iSonic White Denture Cleaning Powder
- Product 1: Power button initiates a five-minute cleaning
- Product 1: Compact size for tabletop use
- Product 2: material type: plastic, stainless steel, electronics
This ultrasonic cleaner has a large cleaning tank and a powerful cleaning solution that effectively removes stains and bacteria from dentures. It’s also suitable for other dental appliances.
- iSonic D3800A-W Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner, 1. 3Pt/0. 6L, white color,...
- Stainless Steel Tank, Tank Size (oval) 6. 1"x3. 7"x2. 0"
- Ultrasonic Frequency 42, 000 Hz, 110V 35W
- Timer Settings: 180, 280, 380, 480, 90 seconds
- Comes with a plastic basket, a watch stand
This ultrasonic cleaner uses a combination of water and a cleaning solution to effectively remove stains and bacteria from dentures. It’s also compact and easy to use.
- Cleans dirty jewelry, eyeglasses, watches, utensils and more in...
- 42,000 cycle ultrasonic energy wave creates millions of microscopic...
- 3 minute cleaning cycle and auto shut-off makes operation as simple as...
- With a generous 20 oz (600 ml) stainless steel cleaning tank; both...
- Professional cleaning results every time make this jewelry cleaner...
This ultrasonic cleaner uses high-frequency vibrations to remove stains and bacteria from dentures. It also has a large cleaning tank and a timer for precise cleaning.
Other Options for Cleaning Dentures
In addition to soaking solutions and ultrasonic cleaners, there are a few other options for cleaning dentures.
Natural Remedies and Homemade Solutions
Some people prefer to use natural remedies or make their own cleaning solutions at home. Here are a few options to consider:
- Baking soda and water: Mixing a small amount of baking soda with water can create a gentle cleaning solution for dentures. Baking soda is a natural deodorizer and can help to remove stains.
- Hydrogen peroxide and water: Mixing hydrogen peroxide with water can create a cleaning solution that is effective at killing bacteria and removing stains. It’s important to use a low concentration of hydrogen peroxide and to rinse the dentures thoroughly after cleaning.
- White vinegar and water: Mixing white vinegar with water can create a cleaning solution that is effective at removing stains and eliminating odors. It’s important to rinse the dentures thoroughly after cleaning to remove any vinegar residue.
- Natural and safe to use
- Can be effective at removing stains and eliminating odors
- May not be as effective at killing bacteria as other methods
- Some natural remedies may have a strong smell or taste
- May not be suitable for people with sensitive gums
Specialized Brushes and Tools
There are a variety of specialized brushes and tools available for cleaning dentures, including:
- Denture brushes: These brushes have soft bristles and a small head, making them ideal for cleaning the crevices and contours of dentures. Some also have a curved handle for easier reach.
- Interdental brushes: These brushes have a small, thin head and wire bristles, making them perfect for cleaning between teeth and in hard-to-reach areas.
- Tongue scraper: A tongue scraper can help to remove bacteria and debris from the tongue, which can help to improve the overall cleanliness of dentures.
- Can help to remove plaque and stains effectively
- Can be used in combination with other cleaning methods
- Easy to find and inexpensive
- May not be as effective at killing bacteria as other methods
- Can be time-consuming to use
- May not be suitable for people with dexterity issues
Cleaning Dentures DIY-style?
Not a chance! You don’t want to risk using anything abrasive or corrosive to clean your dentures, that’s why you need a reliable denture cleaner. Whether you have partial dentures, full dentures, or implant-supported dentures, there are cleaning products made specifically for the job at hand. Denture cleaners are designed to leave your dentures looking and feeling like new thanks to their special formula that helps eliminate plaque and bacteria build-up without harming the structure of your teeth. Get ready to pucker up with confidence knowing your dentures are healthy and sparkling clean!
Denture Cleaner Types – Which One To Use?
As discussed earlier, denture cleaners are used to remove all the stains and harmful bacteria from dentures to keep them healthy and leave you with good oral hygiene. There are different forms of denture cleaners like tablets, powdered, solutions or wipe form.
Tablets: In tablet form, you can simply mix the tablet with water and soak the dentures in that. You can keep it for whole night and for few minutes. It all depends on the described time and the company you are using.
Different types and companies provide different strength factors. Some are really powerful and do not need much of soaking, on the other hand many need some extra time for better results.
Solutions: Solution-based cleaners are quite easy to use. You just need to dilute your selected solution in water and you are ready to use it. Select the type wisely and follow the directions provided. After dilution, you can soak the dentures for the time mentioned.
Make sure that you use only warm water for dilution. Along with that, remember that you avoid using metal containers as some solutions are corrosive in nature.
Wipes: This type of cleansers are not much responsive and effective. The cleaning done is not as thorough as done by the other types of cleaners mentioned above. You can simply use the wipe and remove the dirt from the denture surface. This type can not remove tough stains or tartar.
Denture Baths: Denture baths are used to get thorough cleaning. These consist of bucket and lids along with a strainer. You just need to soak the dentures in it. It comes with antimicrobial and in built UV light to go an extra step with cleaning properly.
Toothbrushes: There are many denture cleaning toothbrushes available in market. These ones are not much advanced when it comes to proper cleaning. These are build to clean the narrow areas of dentures. Also, the bristles are quite soft in order to avoid deterioration of dentures.
How often should I clean my dentures?
It’s recommended to clean dentures at least once a day, ideally after each meal. This helps to remove food particles and bacteria that can lead to plaque buildup and bad odors.
Can I use regular toothpaste to clean my dentures?
It’s generally not recommended to use regular toothpaste to clean dentures. Toothpaste is formulated for use on natural teeth and may be too abrasive for dentures. It’s best to use a specialized denture cleaner or a gentle, non-abrasive cleaning solution.
Can I soak my dentures in mouthwash?
Soaking dentures in mouthwash can be an effective way to kill bacteria and freshen breath. However, it’s important to use a mouthwash that is alcohol-free and not soak the dentures for too long to avoid damaging them. It’s also important to rinse the dentures thoroughly after soaking to remove any mouthwash residue.
Can I use hot water to clean my dentures?
It’s generally not recommended to use hot water to clean dentures. Hot water can cause dentures to warp or become misshapen. It’s best to use warm water or room temperature water when cleaning dentures.
Can I use bleach to clean my dentures?
It’s not recommended to use bleach to clean dentures. Bleach is a strong, harsh chemical that can damage dentures and is not safe for oral use. It’s best to use a specialized denture cleaner or a gentle, non-abrasive cleaning solution.
After referring to all the information given above, you need to make the final choice. A wise choice about choosing the best denture cleaner will be all about the requirement. You must recognize your need and choose accordingly.
For instance, if you are only looking for some basic cleaning, then spending a lot of money for that does not make sense. Thus, choose something which is as simple as the requirement. You may go ahead and get indulged in tablet form of cleaners.
In the same way, if you are looking for something which can thoroughly clean dentures, then simple ones might not be made for you. You must go for the ones which can deal with debris, plaques, castings and all for the best results. Thus, you might go ahead and choose ultrasonic denture cleaners.
Overall, it is up to you and your requirement. Make sure you take care of choosing the one, which is most suited to your need. Choose the one wisely to make the most out of your choice.